IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random traffic/at fault question
Hartmann
post Jan 11 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #31





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM) *
Yeah, luckily I hit I-10 from the north side of 610 and go east. basically i work over at the 290 & bingle area, and live in deer park. pretty insane drive, but it's not bad because i'm going the opposite direction of the mega traffic.


Dude that's a freakin' jaunt to get to work... I guess it's better than living off of 290 though.

To go home do you go 290 to 610 west southbound to I-10 east through downtown (picking up 610 on the other side)?


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #32





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 11:53 PM) *
thus why changing lanes in an intersection is illegal.... the roads have lanes and signs for a reason


It's actually not a ticketable (is that a word?) offense unless you get into an accident....then it's automatically your fault

Somewhat similar to running a stop sign in a shopping center or any other form of private property.


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Jan 11 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #33



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM) *
Yeah, luckily I hit I-10 from the north side of 610 and go east. basically i work over at the 290 & bingle area, and live in deer park. pretty insane drive, but it's not bad because i'm going the opposite direction of the mega traffic.


im inside 610, anytime i need to go out west on i10 i just roll on memorial as far as i can then pop onto anything else.

so far i havnt had to go out too far that way, so memorial does the trick.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Jan 11 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #34





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Jan 11 2008, 08:21 AM) *
im inside 610, anytime i need to go out west on i10 i just roll on memorial as far as i can then pop onto anything else.

so far i havnt had to go out too far that way, so memorial does the trick.


Memorial is fantastic as soon as you get to where it's four lanes with a center divider. Once they fix I-10 the sheer volume of traffic on Westpark should die down. I've actually found it's easier to take Westpark to 59 north to my downtown or near downtown destinations rather than braving 10.


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Jan 11 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #35





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



QUOTE (Hartmann @ Jan 11 2008, 06:53 AM) *
Dude that's a freakin' jaunt to get to work... I guess it's better than living off of 290 though.

To go home do you go 290 to 610 west southbound to I-10 east through downtown (picking up 610 on the other side)?

Yeap, works pretty good too. the 610W south to I-10 leg is really the only slow part. Otherwise I'm always going opposite of the bad traffic (i.e. heading west on 290 in the morning, east in the evening, etc). Usually only takes me about 35-40 mins at most in the mornings, and before the time switch 35-40 mins going home (for some damn reason people drive slower in the dark).

I'm tryin to decide where to buy a house, and yeah 290 is out of the question. It seems pretty much every suburb is going to be about the same travel time for me so I'll prob just stick around the SE side.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #36


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM) *
It's actually not a ticketable (is that a word?) offense unless you get into an accident....then it's automatically your fault

Somewhat similar to running a stop sign in a shopping center or any other form of private property.
ok you used to tell me when this when we were together... both are ticketable, especially the first one. 1) I talked to a cop and 2) Stephanie has gotten a ticket for it. I don't know where you get that from, but it's wrong.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Jan 11 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #37





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



QUOTE (Jessica @ Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM) *
ok you used to tell me when this when we were together... both are ticketable, especially the first one. 1) I talked to a cop and 2) Stephanie has gotten a ticket for it. I don't know where you get that from, but it's wrong.


I got the information from a cop as well. Leave it to law enforcement to not know the law

And the way Stephanie drives was probably more of a contributing to her getting a ticket than whatever she got a ticket for. She's gotten how many, 30?


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pysex
post Jan 11 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #38


I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!


Group: Members
Posts: 3,080
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Cedar Park
Member No.: 49



QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM) *
It's actually not a ticketable (is that a word?) offense unless you get into an accident....then it's automatically your fault

Somewhat similar to running a stop sign in a shopping center or any other form of private property.


changing lanes INSIDE of an intersection is illegal...

changing lanes BEFORE an intersection is not...


also you can't be sitting at a light wanting to turn left and then decide oh whoops i should go straight...that's illegal as well


switching over 4 lanes of traffic before a light is illegal


lots of lane switching laws


--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
rabble
post Jan 11 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #39


START THE REACTOR!


Group: Members
Posts: 874
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 52



I fucking love memorial, I haven't been on I-10 in two years because of this road, in fact, it takes me from the beltway(west) to downtown with a minimum of effort. Memorial is god's chosen road.


--------------------
FUCK YOU
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Jan 11 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #40





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



...... and he's spent.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pysex
post Jan 11 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #41


I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!


Group: Members
Posts: 3,080
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Cedar Park
Member No.: 49



FUCK


--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jan 12 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #42


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50





--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th October 2026 - 03:11 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com